- Industrial wastewater – where the presence of phenolic compounds in the industrial waste water adversely affects aquatic and human life directly or indirectly when discharged into public waterways, water sources or surface water.
The 3S colorimeter is a compact analytical instrumentation for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color-developing chemical reaction carried out inside the analyzer's glass cell. The sample, coming from an external reservoir or process stream is autonomously grabbed by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to make the reaction happen. The analyzer uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorbance). The absorbance is proportional to the concentration of the target chemical species (analite).
- Low reagents consumption and analytical reliability thanks to our custom designed miniature peristaltic pumps
- Dual compartment design to guarantee a complete separation between the electronics and the hydraulic section
- Color touchscreen to show the last measured value clearly, and to set all the options and settings via an user friendly interface
- Datalogger function with data history in graphical form and USB download
- Automatic calibration, validation and cleaning to reduce down time and operator intervention, their frequency can be freely set by the user
- Fully integrable in industrial automation via the analog outputs (2 x 4-20 mA channels), digital output (2 relays + ModbusRTU) and digital input (voltage free contact)
The determination ranges of the phenol analyzer vary from trace μg/L to 250 mg/L using the (optional) internal dilution module.
The colorimetric determination of phenol in water is based on the reaction of phenol with 4-amino-antipyrine in the presence of potassium hexacyanoferrate(III) buffer solution to form a red colored antipyrine complex. The absorbance intensity is proportional to the phenol concentration in the sample and is measured at 525 nm.
(Ø 26 mm)
(Ø 16 mm)
|Number of reagents||2|
|Min. analysis time||6 minutes|
|Sampling Mode||Batch, with freely settable frequency.|
Temperature: 5 to 50 °C (41 - 122 °F)
Flow Rate: 80 to 500 mL/min
Connection: 6 mm (¼-in.)
Connection: 12 mm (½-in.)
|Cabinet Material||Epoxy-coated stainless steel AISI 304|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||604 x 380 x 242 mm (23.6 x 14.8 x 9.4 in)|
|Weight||20 kg (44 lbs)|
Input Voltage:115 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz or 24 VDC (optional)
Power consumption: max. 80 W
2 x 4-20 mA analog outputs
Modbus RTU via RS485
|Alarms||2 SPDT programmable voltage-free relays|
|Digital Input||Remote start / stop|
|Temperature||5 - 45 °C (41 - 113 °F)|
|Relative Humidity||10 to 90 % (indoor use, outdoor installation only possible with protective cabinet or shelter not included)|